Our History

Rooted in the community, our legacy exists across family generations

1888

In 1888 the Ethical Society is established

1909

In 1909 the Neighborhood House at Nineteenth and O’Fallon Streets was purchased.

1931

Aquired 82 acre Camp Skullbones in Cedar Hills, MO

1995

Agency name changed to the Youth and Family Center

1911

Neighborhood Association is separately incorporated

1922

Agency became a United Way Member 

1944

In 1944 the organization relocated to its home of 64 years on Twentieth Street

2010

Aquired and renovated our current facility on Cass Avenue